Paleo Chicken Pot Pie — one of the most amazing recipes I’ve ever created! And it is EASY. You can make it even easier by buying pre-cut onion, celery, carrots, and potatoes. You will literally just dump everything into a crockpot and wait for this deliciousness to be done. Enjoy!!
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 15 oz can peas, drained & rinsed
- 15 oz can corn, drained & rinsed
- 3 1/2 cups russet potatoes, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cashews
- Add chicken, onion, carrots, celery, peas corn, potatoes, bay leaf, garlic and chicken broth to slow cooker. Cover, cook on high for 4 hours.
- 1 hour before finishing (or the night before). Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add 1 cup cashews. Let boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow cashews to remain in hot water for 30 more minutes. (If leaving overnight, place cashews in water in a Tupperware in the fridge)
- Drain water from cashews and rinse. Add to a blender with 1 cup of broth from slow cooker. Blend for 60 seconds or until smooth.
- Remove and discard bay leaf. Remove the chicken and shred. Then return to crockpot.
- Then return blended cashew mixture to the rest of the soup remaining in the crockpot and stir.
Do you need the biscuit still? Try using a whole wheat pita. Pull apart into shreds and stir it into your soup!