Paleo Chicken and Artichoke Dip Stuffed Potatoes
Oh my word is this one delicious!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 3 Russet potatoes
- 1 pound chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 bag spinach
- 1 can diced artichoke hearts
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 can (13oz) coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Rub the potatoes with coconut oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees for 1 hour, or until soft inside. I also suggest using potato skewers like these!! They help evenly cook the potato and make it cook faster too!
- While the potatoes are baking, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the diced chicken. Cook until chicken is done. Then shred the chicken and set aside in a bowl.
- Heat a saute pan to medium high heat and add the coconut oil. Add garlic and onion and saute until onion is translucent (about 5 minutes). Add the spinach and artichoke hearts and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Place in the same bowl as the shredded chicken.
- Add coconut cream, lemon juice, salt and nutritional yeast to the bowl as well.
- Once the potatoes are done and cooled enough, cut the potato open lengthwise and scoop out the inside, leaving a thin layer so that you still have the potato as a “boat.”
- Combine the potato with the bowl of chicken mixture and stir until well combined.
- Scoop back into the hollowed potatoes. If you have extra, place in an oven-safe dish and cook along with the potatoes!
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until beginning to lightly brown. Remove from the oven and serve hot!
**I added cheddar cheese to top off my husbands since he doesn’t eat paleo like I do 🙂 HE LOVED THIS RECIPE! So I encourage you to give it a shot, maybe even keep it a secret from your family that you are serving them dairy-free spinach dip!!